Artist owes nearly $30K in unpaid child support | Lane & Lane, LLC
Lane & Lane, LLC Lane & Lane, LLC
The Experience To Find Your Solution
Call Today: 908-524-0788
Toll-free: 888-533-9154

Artist owes nearly $30K in unpaid child support

Most parents want whatever is best for their children, even if they are no longer in a relationship with the other parent. In certain circumstances, that can mean one parent making child support payments to the other so that their shared children receive the proper care. In New Jersey, some parents may have difficulty making those payments, depending on their exact financial circumstances. There are parents who often fail to honor court-ordered child support agreements, and it can have serious consequences on a child and his or her other parent. This is what one out-of-state attorney general argued when it compelled a famous artist to pay the full amount of past-due child support payments he owed.

The attorney general's office alleges that an artist who has painted several portraits of celebrities and owns multiple homes failed to make proper child support payments. Representatives for the attorney general say that the artist owed almost $29,000 to the mother of his daughter. The two of them reportedly had to make use of state aid in order to make ends meet. The payments hadn't been made in 10 years.

A representative for the attorney general's office stated that they are determined to ensure that vulnerable children are cared for. The representative said that those who are not meeting their responsibility to pay child support will face appropriate consequences as the law allows. The artist in this particular situation earned a great deal of money for his commissioned paintings, and authorities wanted to ensure that his daughter was receiving what he owed to her and her mother.

Though laws vary from state to state, the importance of paying child support is the same across the country. Children have needs, and their parents should be the ones to provide for them. Anyone in New Jersey who is struggling to make their child support payments may be able to request a modification to an existing agreement. Those parents who are not receiving proper payments can also seek assistance from the judicial system. In both cases, parents can look to an experienced family law attorney for guidance.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information