Support/Modification Attorneys

Sometimes circumstances substantially change after a divorce and parties need to revisit and modify the terms of their original agreement. For instance, you may need to modify an existing custody or support order because of a job loss. You might need an attorney to defend against a requested modification. Or, you may require a lawyer to enforce an existing court order.

Located in Somerville, New Jersey, the lawyers at Lane & Lane, LLC, we are experienced in modification matters related to custody, parenting time, relocation, support and related family law issues. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you. Call 908-524-0788 to arrange a consultation.

Contact Lane & Lane, LLC, to protect your rights in a modification or enforcement case.

Modification and Enforcement of Custody
Enforcement or modification may be necessary if there is a change in circumstances such as an illness, relocation, job loss or other factors that may impact the current custody or support arrangement.

Child custody/modification may include an adjustment to parental rights and duties, or parenting time schedule. The change in circumstances may make the existing order impractical or impossible. A change in circumstances may include a relocation, change in job or the child's schedule. A custody enforcement case may include the enforcement of a parenting time schedule or the exercise of a parental right or duty. Our Somerset County lawyers can analyze your situation and help you choose the best course of action.

Changes to an existing custody or support arrangement often arise when one or more of the following factors exists:

  • A child's desire to reside with a different parent depending upon the child's age
  • Abuse or neglect
  • Changes in income because of job loss, illness or serious injury
  • Parenting time

Enforcement of Existing Orders

An enforcement application of child support or spousal support is needed if a person ordered to pay support does not pay it. We can also help you enforce the payments of support if you are seeking to enforce an existing child support or spousal support order or you need to defend against a proposed enforcement motion.

Contact our Somerville Law Firm

Please call our office at 908-524-0788 or send an e-mail to make an appointment. We help people throughout central New Jersey including Somerset, Hunterdon, Middlesex and Monmouth counties as well as Sussex, Bergan, Passaic, Hudson, Essex, Union, Ocean, Mercer and Burlington counties.